I was fortunate to visit Mui Ne, Phan Thiet twice. Both times left very deep impressions in me. The most attractive thing in South-Central of Vietnam is the long beaches with a very charming and picturesque beauty. In this post, I will share my experiences, tips and top things to do in Mui Ne – Phan Thiet to those who are planning to explore this city.
Best period to visit Mui Ne
How to get to Mui Ne – Phan Thiet
Assuming you are in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city, there are two ways to go Mui Ne: by bus and train. By bus, you can get straight to Mui Ne, a little more convenient. By train, you will stop in Phan Thiet city, then go to Mui Ne from Phan Thiet, about 22km.
* From Ho Chi Minh city to Mui Ne
– Sinh Cafe has seat car and bed car.
Times: 07:30 – 15:00 and 20:30
Add: 246 – 248 De Tham, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +84.8.38 38 9593 – Fax: +84.8.38 36 9322
24 -26 Pho Ðuc Chinh , District 1, Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +84.8.38 222 892 – Fax: +84.8.38 217 416
– Phuong Trang
Times: 7:30, 08:30 and 14:30
Address: 272-274-276 De Tham, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +84. 83. 837 5570
Office in Mui Ne: +84 62 3743 113 or +84 62 3743 040
– Tam Hanh
Times: 08:00, 09:00, 15:00 and 20:00
Address: 272 – De Tham – District 1 – Ho Chi Minh City. Near Sinh Cafe and Phuong Trang offices
Tel: +848 9205 653
* From Hanoi to Mui Ne
Hoang Long has 2 offices in Hanoi:
– 1A Nam Dong, Dong Da district, Hanoi. Tel: 8494 321 19 00
– 19 Thuoc Bac, Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem district, Ha Noi. Tel: 844 6295 5565
*From Ho Chi Minh city to Phan Thiet
Everyday, there is 1 trip from Sai Gon station to Phan Thiet at 7:05 am. Saturday and Sunday have 1 more train in the afternoon. From Phan Thiet station, you can catch a bus to Mui Ne.
Add of Sai Gon station: No. 01 Nguyen Thong street, Ward 9, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
Phone (automatic answer): +848 39 310 666
For information: +848 3931 8952 or +848 3846 6091
Ticket office: +848 38 436 524 or +848 38 468 701
Sai Gon station will bring ticket to the hotel if requested at +848 8436 528, only available for inner city from 7h to 21h everyday.
* From Hanoi to Phan Thiet
You can buy the train tickets at:
– TSC agent (add: 114 Pho Duc Chinh street – Ba Ðinh district – Hanoi): +844-37162868
– Mua Xuan (spring) agent (add: 41 Ma May Street – Hoan Kiem district – Hanoi): +844-39263138 or +844-22109775
– Hanoi train station on Le Duan street.
Taxis in Phan Thiet
– Mai Linh Taxi: +84623 739 888
– Mui Ne Taxi: +84623 84 88 48
– Phan Thiet Taxi: +84623 814 814
Top things to do in Mui Ne – Phan Thiet
– Beach: Mui Ne sea is very nice, clean and blue water. I think it’s even more beautiful than Nha Trang beach.
– Suoi Tien (Angel Stream ) has red water with one side is sand dunes, other side is coconuts forest.
– Red sand dune (Đồi Cát Đỏ). About 5km from Mui Ne.
– Whitesand dune (Đồi Cát Trắng ). Quite distant from Mui Ne, about 25km. You can rent a motor or jeep to go.
– Sen lake (bàu Sen), a big lake in Mui Ne.
– Hon Rom beach (Bãi Hòn Rơm), a beautiful beach in Mui Ne.
– Posanu tower (Tháp Posanu), a ancient tower of Cham ethnic.
– Ham Thuan Nam, about 30km from Phan Thiet city.
– Doi Duong beach, Thay Thim palace and Thay Thim beach.
– Mui Ke Ga and Ke Ga lighthouse.
– Duc Thanh school. Ho Chi Minh president, who is a great man in Vietnam history, used to teach here. \
Motels, Hotels and resorts in Mui Ne
Mui Ne has many hotels and resorts. It is even called “Resort Capital of Vietnam”. So you have many choices. Below is some hotels and resorts.
In Phan Thiet City
– Hong Hai hotel. 165 Le Loi – Phan Thiet. Tel: +84 62.3822705
– Sai Gon Phan Thiet hotel. Add: T21, Nguyen Trai, Phan Thiet. Tel: +8462. 6251229 – 3750173 – 6281602
– Truong Thinh Hotel. Add: Tuyen Quang. Tel: +8462 383 4567
Rates are about +$10/day, including breakfast.
– Minh Hanh motel. Add: 390 – Thu Khoa Huan. Tel: +8462.3834567. Rate for normal day is about +$10/ double room.
n Mui Ne
– PinPon Hotels: 233 – Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Phan Thiet city. Phone: +84 43 978 5397 or +8498 454 4333.
– Su Trang motel: 3b Nguyen Dinh Chieu street. Tel: +8462 3847 344
– Vuon Xoai motel: 5 – Nguyen Dinh Chieu street. Tel: +8462 374 1401
– Ngoc Hung motel: 45/4 Nguyen Dinh Chieu. Tel: +84905 187 541
Tent sleeping on beaches
Also, Mui Ne has tent service on beaches. Sleeping in tents brings freedom and adventure, or simply helps you save money. You should ask about security on beaches where you will sleep. Some resorts in Mui Ne provide tent sleeping service:
– Thuy Trang resort. Tel: +84 623.849.196.
– Hon Rom 2 resort. Tel : +84 623.848.828
– Hon Rom 1 resort. Tel : +84 623.848.539 or +84 918.186.047
These resorts are placed on one road. If you come from Phan Thiet city, you will see: Thuy Trang – Hon Rom 2 – Hon Rom 1.
Renting motor in Mui Ne
The attractions in Mui Ne are far apart, so you should rent a motor to visit all of the sites. Most of hotels in Mui Ne has motor for rent, if not, talk to reception, they will help you.
If you had motor before going to Mui Ne, you can train from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city and send the motor on train.
What to eat in Phan Thiet?
Phan Thiet is coastal city so it’s famous for seafood. If possible, you should buy seafood on the beach from fishermen in the early morning. It’s fresh and tasty. Otherwise, you can eat seafood in restaurants.
I like Phuong Vy restaurant, that’s spacious and dishes are very delicious.
Add: 34 – Nguyen Tat Thanh road, Phan Thiet city. Tel: +8462 3 835668
Some other specialties:
1. Rice paper (Bánh tráng), a dish is very tasty and popular of Phan Thiet. You can enjoy this dish at:
– Intersection of Tran Hung Dao and Thu Khoa Huan streets, near Hoa Nang cafe.
– Tam Bien junction, near Tieng Xua cafe.
2. Bread soup (bánh canh), a dish is simple and nutritious.
– Ba Ly restaurant at 566 Tran Hung Dao street, from 16:00
– Restaurant on Hai Thuong Lan Ong street, near SKCB central, from 16h to 19h.
3. Raw fish (gỏi cá), a must-eat dish in Mui Ne – Phan Thiet.
– Pubs are located next to Ca Ty river.
– Viet Nam Home restaurant at 125 Nguyen Dinh Chieu – Mui Ne – Phan Thiet.
4. Mi Quang Phan Thiết (Mì Quảng Phan Thiết), a noodle dish, is very “Phan Thiet”. The dish is quite sugary, so you should squeeze more lemon before eating.
– 129 Tran Phu, serve in all day.
– Ba Phuong restaurant lies on Trieu Quang Phuc street, opposite to Tuyen Quang school.
– Restaurant on Le Hong Phong street, 200m from Phan Boi Chau school gate, only in the morning.
5. Pancake (bánh xèo) is a snack that’s very cheap and tasty. There is 1 street that sells this dish. You can enjoy Pancake at 49 – Tuyen Quang or any restaurant on this street.
6. Can cake Phan Thiet(bánh căn Phan Thiết) is a snack too that’s sold lots on streets in evening. You can ask taxis to know good places. Some restaurants that I like:
– A sidewalk restaurant near the Phan Thiet market, next to glass shop Eden, only serve in the evening.
– No. 8 – Hai Thuong Lan Ong.
7. Banh re (bánh rế Phan Thiết) is a specialty of Phan Thiet. You can buy Banh Re in Phan Thiet market or next to Ca Ty river.
8. Banh quai vac (bánh quai vạc) is a popular dish that is sold a lot in Doi Duong beach and Phan Thiet market.
9. Raw snail (gỏi ốc) is a snack sold a lot at Phan Thiet station in the afternoon, from 15h to 19h.
10. Squid teeth is a favourite dish of Phan Thiet youth. You can try this dish at Phan Thiet train station, Nguyen Tat Thanh road (the road to go Doi Duong beach) or Vo Thi Sau street.
Source: collected from the internet