Binh Ba island (Đảo Bình Ba) is a beautiful island not far from mainland, about 20 km (13 miles), located in Cam Ranh bay, Cam Binh ward – Cam Ranh city – Khanh Hoa province (60 km or 39 miles from Nha Trang and 15km or 10 miles from Cam Ranh airport).
The island is also known under the name Lobster island (đảo Tôm Hùm), because this place is famous for big and tasty lobsters. Unlike its noisy, bustling and urbanized neighbors (Nha Trang, Mui Ne – Phan Thiet), Binh Ba’s sea is pristine with two long and beautiful beaches.
Binh Ba island – Cam Ranh bay travel guide
Travelling to Binh Ba is quite easy and convenient. Following informations will help you have a perfect trip.
How to get to Binh Ba island
You have to get to Cam Ranh first, then take a boat to Binh Ba island. There’re 2 ways to get Cam Ranh.
There’re many fights from Hanoi, Sai Gon to Nha Trang. You can consult the route and time of flights on websites of VietnamAirlines or VietJetair.
* From Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city), it takes around 10 hours for a540km (340 miles) trip.
There’re many bus firms to Cam Ranh, fares about $11 for a bed or $8 for a seat. You can consult some reputed bus firms such as:
– Ha Linh bus. I think this firm is best. Add: 217 Pham Ngu Lao street – 1 district – Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +8483.920.9470
– Phuong Trang. 292 Dinh Bo Linh street – Binh Thanh – Ho Chi Minh city. Tel: +8483.8309.309
– Hanh cafe. 229 Pham Ngu Lao street – 1 district. Tel: +848.3920.5679 or +848.3837.6429
– Sinh Cafe. 246-248 De Tham street – 1 district. Tel: +848.3838.9597
* From Hanoi. The distance is 1400km (880 miles), which takes under 30 hours. Fare of buses from Hanoi is about $40 to $45. Some reliable firms are:
– Hoang Long bus. Add: Giap Bat bus station – Km 6 Giai Phong street – Hoang Mai district, Tel: +844.3664.6617 or My Dinh bus station – 20 Pham Hung – My Dinh, tel: +844.3795.1776
– Sinh Cafe (open tour). 38 Ly Nam De street – Hoan Kiem district – Hanoi. Tel:+8498.8757.689
If go by bus, you need to tell driver to drop you at Cam Ranh post office or Cam Ranh bus station. These are close to Ba Ngoi port (cảng Ba Ngòi) where you will take boat to Binh Ba island. There’s only one trip from mainland to the island at 10a.m everyday, and 2 trip back from island to mainland at 5a.m and 12a.m.